Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just call me Grace Kelly


I apologize for the lack of updating but I promise you, by the end of this post you will know more about my life than you ever could have wanted. SO. Here we go.

Since my last post two weeks ago, I have spent a great deal of time delving into my studies here in France. I would just like to say that this block scheduling is still extremely painful after having been here for almost a month(February 21st!!). HOWEVER, I am slowly but surely learning the art of patience. When I get home, school is going to be the easiest thing ever. 50 minute classes in English. Cake. Although long, I am still finding my classes to be quite enjoyable, both due to the subject matter and my professors.

That is enough of that because the real reason I am
blogging is to make you all jealous of my recent weekend excursion to Nice and Monaco. Seriously, lifestyles of the rich and famous. I will start off with Nice because that was our first stop on this magical adventure. The Mediterranean is the most beautiful body of water, there is a reason they call it the Côte d'Azure. I would be showing you the millions of photos I took but my camera tragically decided to reformat itself and delete EVERYTHING. I will just have to content you all with stolen pictures taken by some lucky person on my program. So, for your viewing pleasure, I present to you in all its glory, Nice! 

Jealous yet? It's ok. Also, it happened to be Carnaval time so these images occurred. 
    The parade was pretty impressive, never before have I seen such detailed costumes! Some brief history: Carnaval in Nice is a 10 day festival that goes on during Mardi Gras time and each year it has a different theme. This year happened to be Masquerade hence the ridiculous fashions. Also, they throw flowers at you from the floats! The flower thrown is this yellow thing called a Mimosa and it traditionally starts growing around this time along the French Riviera. Do you guys feel smarter yet?

I spent the majority of Saturday in Nice and then piled back onto the bus and drove an hour through the mountainous countryside before reaching Monaco! The city of Monte Carlo is so unbelievable, I can't explain it in words. View these and be amazed. Real people do not live here, there is no possible way.

 


Apparently, foreigners don't have to pay taxes so I might have just found my future home?

My stint in Monaco led me to a brief afternoon in the town of Eze where I visited Galimard, a local Parfumerie. With the help of the United States government and my stafford loan, I was able to purchase a nice 35 euro bottle of legit French eau de parfum. I have been looking for a signature scent for the past two years and was finally able to find it in Journal Intime. Thank you, America.

Now I am back in Aix where dreams of summer estates and million dollars yachts have faded but at least we'll always have Monaco. 


No comments:

Post a Comment